Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Busy time

As my finals are drawing nearer, I'm making every effort to complete all the projects I must hand in. In addition, we're moving soon, and I'm about to start packing. But don't worry, I'm in control and I'm sure everything is going to work out! The last few months have been very stressful, but there isn't much left now.

However, I'm grateful for this experience. There are more relaxed periods in our lives, and there are times when we feel there aren't enough hours in a day. Right now I feel as though I'm trying to cram a million things into a very small suitcase. There just isn't enough room for everything. I can handle it for a month or two, but I don't think I would want to live like this all the time. And I'm glad for realizing this.

I've never been more convinced about my wish to become a stay-at-home wife and mom. No, I'm not saying the life of a full-time homemaker isn't busy. I'm not saying it's stress-free, or that it's an easy deal. I simply feel my life is such a tiny suitcase. I don't want to live my life feeling I'm cramming, cramming, cramming all the time. I want to make room for what's truly important: my relationship with God, honoring and serving my future husband, being a homemaker and a mother. These are the things that will matter in the long run.