I'm a first-time Mom-to-be, and only "halfway there", so undoubtedly more surprises await me along the fascinating journey towards motherhood! However, I must tell that so far, I've been enjoying a simply wonderful pregnancy. I didn't have permanent nausea even during the first trimester, my energy levels are high enough to feel productive and creative (with proper adjustments), so far I was spared many of the pains and discomforts reported by other pregnant ladies, and to sum it up, I'm savoring every moment of this special time! Here's more on why the past months have been so sweet...
The top ten reasons why I love being pregnant:
1. It's wondrously magical to know that God Himself created and placed this tiny new life in my womb. I feel His loving presence like never before.
2. Every day brings something new to be excited about, as I watch how my body and spirit change in order to nurture this new life. There's so much to see, feel, learn, plan, and look forward to.
3. I have a pampering, sweet, kind, loving, protective and caring husband, who calls me several times a day to make sure I'm getting my rest, reminds me to eat well, and then rubs my feet when he comes home from work.
4. Nothing can be sweeter than feeling the gentle (for now!) bumps and movements of my baby.
5. Now is the perfect time to enjoy the wildest combinations of food - I can eat tuna salad with canned pineapple, and respond to inquiries by saying it's a pregnancy craving.
6. I get to enjoy teeny tiny, cute baby things - clothes, bedding, soft cushion toys - buying, making, and receiving as loving gifts. Oh, and I can freely sigh with delight when I see sweet little baby shoes.
7. I can blame my absolute and total lack of understanding of everything that has to do with mechanics or physics on "baby brain". :-)
8. When I notice that my feet swell, I can guiltlessly put them up and indulge in a thirty-minute break of good reading or crafts in the middle of the day.
9. It's time to try new, interesting, beautiful, feminine styles that suit the changes in my silhouette - and bask in compliments from my loving husband, who adores the "pregnant look".
10. It's delightfully interesting to "equip" our expected baby in creative, inexpensive ways - find and restore, get used items from friends and family members, buy second hand, make it ourselves, or see how we can do without!
I would love to hear from all you Moms and Moms-to-be: what do/did you love about being pregnant, and which memories from that time are of a special significance to you? If you'd rather share on your own blog, you are most welcome to post a link! Happy pregnancy to everyone.