Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A jumble of thoughts

This isn't going to be a coherent post, and for this I apologize in advance... just some thoughts that have been swirling in my head for a while now, so I thought I might as well let them out. So... here they are, in no particular order.

* I love to dream. Dreaming is good; but I know that some things will work out better than I dreamed, others won't work out at all, and nothing will ever go exactly as planned. 

* It's OK if my house is a bit messy. It means real people are living a real life in it, complete with projects, food, crafts, games, friends, etc. The purpose of a home is to provide shelter, comfort, welcome, not museum-shiny pieces of furniture. 

* Likewise it's OK if my emotions, thoughts, plans, are a jumble sometimes. It means I'm only human. Sometimes I'm angry, frustrated, overwhelmed. It's OK to cry sometimes, and it's especially good to know that G-d knows my thoughts better than I could ever formulate them myself.

* Today I opened my doors to children (other than my own) and goofed off with them. I consider it a very worthy pastime. And last week, our table was extended to seat 10 people, and it was full, and that was great. 

* I'm thankful for health, my family, friends, a comfortable home, a freezer full of food, shelves full of clothes, nature, animals, art, music, books to read, projects to do, and everything that comes with living life.

* Isn't it wonderful how children are so trusting, so easy to laugh (and their laughter is so contagious, too!), so easily content, so vividly interested in anything and anyone? The most lovable adults I know have preserved these very qualities. 

* I'm thankful for all of you. I'm thankful for your thoughts, comments, emails, friendship, concern, sharing of ideas, prayers, your sincerity, your different talents and wisdom, your constancy in following my little blog, your tales about your precious lives. I love you all, and I love how different we all are, and how much we all still have in common. 

* I have been accused of becoming too focused on my little life. I confess it is true. Most of my efforts are currently spent within my home, for my family, and sometimes for extended family and neighbours as time allows. I'm fine with that.


* I seek peace.


Perhaps there is more to come, some other day...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since, at the moment, you live your life for others, I don't see how you can be "too focused" on that. It is as it should be and your children and your husband benefit greatly!

in His peace,
Miriam

living from glory to glory said...

Greetings, I also have a few things going on in my head and heart. The world seems to be spinning quite fast. The days seem to be accelerated in pace. As it says time marches on. But I do love the rest and peace that comes with time alone to meditate on His goodness. I have not been commenting because I did not think you were interested in my thoughts.
Happy Spring
Blessings, Roxy

Joie Weiher said...

If you have been accused of being too focused on your "little life" it is because you should be focused on your life -- your life of raising two little girls who need a lot of focus. I'm a certain kind of feminist and I'm a female religious leader in a traditionally male role but I also value my family and think both sexes need to focus on our interior lives a bit more. Then we might make better contributions to the whole world.

In the Gospels, Jesus tells the disciples if they are not received in a town, the shake the dust off their feet and move on. Is there a Jewish parable/story that illustrates this?

Rose said...

That's not a jumble that's well thought.

Anonymous said...

Dear Anna,
I think of you often as you are the only one I know of in Israel other than the names in the news. I hope the dust storms, locusts, and especially rockets will stay far from your dwelling. "He who dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." I love Psalm 91. My three year old grandson can recite the entire Psalm.
Be safe, be blessed, dear Anna.
Abide under His wing.
Your friend,
Mrs. L.

Anonymous said...

The children you welcome are very lucky to have you in their lives. We are many years apart in age, but our interests and values are so similar.

You are just where you are meant to be and you are doing exactly what Ha-shem intends for you to be doing at this time. For someone who says her thoughts are scattered, you seem to have a good focus on what is truly valuable.

Avigayil said...

Hi,
About the messy house.....I saw something on the internet that had me rolling. It was a picture of a very rustic, hand lettered sign that said, "The house was clean yesterday. Sorry you missed it." The longer I looked at that, the funnier it got. I'm SOOOO making one for our new apartment!!! I tol S and he also thought it was hilarious. I could probably make one for 50 shekels or less.....