Monday, April 29, 2013

A long weekend

Our internet connection proved to be elusive once more... I don't know how long it will last this time, but I thought I might as well pop in and send a little hello, even if I don't have anything very articulate and coherent prepared.

These days, long, full and busy, seem sometimes so very much alike that it's hard to believe things will change sometimes; and yet I know that they will. Right now, I have little girls who are thrilled so easily - by looking into a fruit bowl and seeing their favorite fruit, or by noticing an interesting-looking bug at the roadside. One day, this shall pass (though I hope my daughters will retain, at least somewhat, the childlike ability to find happiness in the little things - an ability I work on cultivating in myself). One day, they will go on and make their own separate lives, and I can only hope that these lives will still hold a place for us. 

So for now, let us seize the moment and enjoy the sweet simplicity of life. 
Last Friday, my husband made oven-baked breaded salmon with assorted vegetables. It looked so colorful and lovely that I decided to snap a photo, just before it went into the oven. And believe it or not, it tasted even better than it looked!

I hope you all had a lovely weekend, and have started an equally great week.

With friendship,

Mrs. T

3 comments:

lavender garden said...

looks gorgeous- like a painting! what did he season the vegetables with?

Leah Brand-Burks said...

That looks so delicious! And I totally agree about the little things that delight small eyes. It's so charming, and you want to just hold onto it all so tightly! :-)

Mrs. Anna T said...

Lavender garden, I didn't quite notice, but it came out delicious!!