Thursday, April 25, 2013

Goodies

This morning, I was inspired to make these mini-buns with very simple goat cheese, a couple of eggs (home grown of course!), some baking powder, a little olive oil, and just enough flour to make the whole mix workable. I added some fresh rosemary leaves from the garden for their wonderful aroma. Form little balls with your hands, place in a baking tray, and they are ready to go into the oven - to come out 20 minutes later, delicious-smelling, crispy on the outside and soft inside. Yum. 

I must say it really has been a delight to have fresh goat milk on hand. I use the milk in cheese in all kinds of buns, pancakes, fritters, quiches, lasagna and so much more. Not to mention milking is actually fun now that I got the hang of it.

2 comments:

Chava said...

Those look like sämpyläs..mmmm bread. I wish I could eat rosemary lol!

One day I'd love to have a homestead if I moved back to the States, have a bunch of farm animals :)

Mrs. Anna T said...

Chava, I didn't think about it, but yes they do :)