Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Promise you'll never forget me


christopher robin, forget, love, pooh bear, winnie, winnie the pooh
"So they went off together. But wherever they go, and whatever happens to them on the way, in that enchanted place on the top of the Forest a little boy and his Bear will always be playing."


Today was the second time I read this chapter with the girls. 

Is it normal that my tears are flowing? 

It's a little hard to explain, but I'm thinking about us being still little children in many ways, even when we are adults... especially during those moments when we are lying in bed in the darkness, or praying, or dealing with something tragic, or doing what we have always loved, ever since we were little. 

I'm thinking about this Promise, never to forget the child in us... or the child in our children, when they grow older and become adults. Because this childlike-ness is probably one of the best things there are within us. The thing that keeps our eyes open to wonder and beauty; the thing that allows us to live, love, laugh, enjoy unreservedly, and seize the moment for all the goodness in it. 

7 comments:

Leah Brand-Burks said...

It is totally normal. Your mama heart is precious. :) I would suggest a book called "Wherever You Go, My Love Will Find You". Try to get through THAT with dry eyes!

Cheryl said...

I get the deep feeling lately that you are in going through a difficult trial. I'll pray for you and your family.

((hugs))
Cheryl

Mrs. Anna T said...

Dear Cheryl, thank you for thinking of us and praying for us. That, always, is the greatest gift of caring.

Anonymous said...

This post reminded me of a song that always makes me cry. It's House At Pooh Corner by Kenny Loggins

Christopher Robin and I walked along
Under branches lit up by the moon
Posing our questions to Owl and Eeyore
As our days disappeared all too soon
But I've wandered much further today than I should
And I can't seem to find my way back to the wood

So help me if you can, I've got to get
Back to the house at Pooh Corner by one
You'd be surprised, there's so much to be done
Count all the bees in the hive
Chase all the clouds from the sky
Back to the days of Christopher Robin and Pooh

Winnie the Pooh doesn't know what to do
Got a honey jar stuck on his nose
He came to me asking help and advise
And from here no one knows where he goes
So I sent him to ask of the owl if he's there
How to loosen the jar from the nose of a bear

So help me if you can, I've got to get
Back to the house at Pooh Corner by one
You'd be surprised, there's so much to be done
Count all the bees in the hive
Chase all the clouds from the sky
Back to the days of Christopher Robin and Pooh

It's hard to explain how a few precious things
Seem to follow throughout all our lives
After all's said and done I was watching my son
Sleeping there with my bear by his side
So I tucked him in, kissed him
And as I was going
I swear that old bear whispered
Boy, welcome home!

Believe me if you can, I've got to get
Back to the house at Pooh Corner by one
What do you know, there's so much to be done
Count all the bees in the hive
Chase all the clouds from the sky
Back to the days of Christopher Robin and Pooh
Back to the ways of Christopher Robin and Pooh
Back to the ways of Pooh

~BeckyT

Anonymous said...

Winne-the-Pooh always gets me (and I'm not even a mom)! Thank you for sharing - it was a lovely way to begin the day.

Have a blessed day,
Catherine

living from glory to glory said...

I also pray, may I never forget!
There are so many sweet blessings and memories. Just reading this little part of Pooh and his boy made me sad. It all just goes too fast. Blessings, Roxy

Alycia said...

It's been a long, long time since I have commented, but I have to tell you that I cried my eyes out the first time I read that part to my children. My husband was deployed and I was far from family with an infant, a two-year old, and a four-year old at home. It was an excellent reminder that no matter how hard things were, I needed to appreciate my little ones while they were still tiny.