Sunday, June 30, 2013

A lazy summer day

It's a summer day, so hot and lazy that I want nothing more than to be still and quiet, and take it all in. I did take out my camera for a couple of shots, just to share with you.
 This fig tree was mauled so badly by wild boar last year that I thought it was dead, but amazingly, it made it - and with receiving recycled shower water, it all burst out in new green branches. I do hope it pulls through summer unharmed, because I just saw the most enormous wild boar beneath our verandah today, in broad daylight (wish I had the camera on hand).
 The valley is all scorched and yellow, and the sky is hazy from the heat, but there's almost always a lovely breeze on our front porch. 
And here is the improvised anti-mosquito fish tank I mentioned a couple of posts ago; it sure was a very satisfying project to make, but I'm still not convinced as to whether or not it was a good idea. The fish might eat mosquito eggs, but the watter attracts enormous wasps. 

I hope you are all enjoying summer (or winter, if you happen to be in the southern hemisphere)!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Your landscape looks similar to ours here in Central California. Sounds like your weather is similar to ours, too. Hot and dry in the summer. Cool and rainy winters. We're very hot right now. I love looking at your pictures.

Mrs. Anna T said...

Kristen, if we have a rainy winter we're lucky! Last one was actually rainy, which had a lovely effect on the trees.