Sunday, December 22, 2013

Has it really been five years?

I am sitting today and, like every mother, wondering - has it already been this long? Where does the time go?

I hear her playing and chatting with her younger sister, and I can hardly believe that this baby, only five short years ago, was nestled in my arms, so tiny, so helpless, so absolutely wonderful in all the infinite possibility of her new life. A bundle of joy with a mop of dark hair, so very precious and beautiful.

Now she is learning her letters, helping me in the kitchen, playing, dancing, gathering eggs, snuggling with chickens, enjoying nature walks and just being what she had always been, a precious child. Thank you G-d for five wonderful years with our darling Shira, and may there be many more.

This is an old photo, but I love it so much. She is so full of concentration here, absolutely engrossed in some last-year's leaves and a grapefruit that had fallen down from the tree. 

6 comments:

Rose said...

Anna please wish Shira a happy fifth birthday from Aussie Rose. I hope her last cardigan still fits this winter, I'll start looking at patterns for next winter. :)

Mrs.Rabe said...

Five years! That time has flown!

Happy Birthday to your precious daughter and many many more!

Deanna

Leah Brand-Burks said...

Happy birthday, sweet Shira!

Tracy said...

Happy Birthday to Shira! Trust me, the years fly fast.

Mrs. Anna T said...

Rose, yes, thank you - both cardigans still fit very well, we're getting a lot of wear out of them!

Bonnie said...

Happy Birthday! Wow five years... I remember when you were getting ready for your wedding! Time flies