Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A busy, busy season

When I had newborns, I didn't think I could ever be busier - but apparently, this time has come. It seems as though everything is happening at once.

My husband has reached a crossways in his career and is currently at home. Thus, everything is suddenly much more intense. So many projects are suddenly tackled, because right now, with both of us around, it's the perfect chance to do them - and because we don't know how long it will last, we don't like to postpone. Things around the house are fixed, paperwork is waded through, appointments are made.

Also, our rent contract will be over soon, and the way things look now, most likely we won't be renewing it. This means we are moving, but the big question, for now, is Where. We have been to look at several places and are unsure yet. This situation, with everything open ahead of us and so many choices that can be made, has its charm - but I'm kind of beginning to wish we already knew where we are going to go. 

I know I will be a little sorry to leave. I have loved this house. Though we only rent here, I have felt it is ours. We have really bonded with the place, the community, we feel as though we belong. But buying this house is not an option and I know I don't want to rent here forever. So we are already sifting through our things, trying to determine what to take with us and what to leave behind. This is especially important, considering that we are probably going to move to a smaller house. We are a small family, so the prospect isn't daunting, and I'm actually looking forward to see how much stuff we can get rid of and still live comfortably (my guess is more than half of all we own, clothes, utensils, books etc). 

To top it all off, Pesach is coming soon and I haven't yet done half of what I did this time last year. True, I have scrubbed our bedroom and arranged my pantry and washed the living room curtains, but this doesn't even come close to all I planned to have completed by now.

So, with all of this together, and all the things that need to be done every day - cooking, cleaning, laundry, taking care of the girls and teaching them - I simply feel the days are passing by in a blur, and though I often wanted to come online and say hello, I have felt empty. Empty as in my energy resources, and in my head as well. As though too much is happening at once and I don't know how to stop and focus on one thing. 

I do hope this isn't a goodbye before another lengthy period of absence, and I anticipate many exciting things to write about soon. For now, with all the busyness of the season, we are enjoying spring and all the hopes and dreams and plans in the making.

This is "The little cottage", by Mike Savad. Isn't it charming? The low roof and rounded door remind me of a hobbit hole. 

5 comments:

Rose said...

Good luck with everything Anna and Mr T. I'll look forward to hearing from you when you are able to post, in the meantime you are in my thoughts.

Julie said...

We certainly have missed hearing from you & we wish you & your family well in the days ahead.

Thia said...

Praying for you through this busy time!

Lady Anne said...

Every once in a while it does seem as if "the wheels fell off", doesn't it? At least you have your husband home to lend a hand with the cleaning and sorting.

Can you find another place where you can take your little "farmily" with you. I know you are very attached to the chickens.

We will all be praying for you to find your way among the many paths G-d has laid out for you.

Mrs. Anna T said...

Lady Anne, the chickens are definitely going with us! And perhaps we'll even have goats again when we are settled.