Thursday, July 16, 2015

Just to say, Thank You

I had my birthday yesterday. In the Jewish tradition, one spends time on their birthday in introspection and prayer, and so did I. I wished to find eloquent words to express what I feel, but eventually I just closed my eyes and lifted up a prayer of thanks to G-d for all the abundant blessings He had showered me with. My family. My children. The privilege of living in Israel. The privilege of staying home with my children. The magical event, this year, of giving birth to my long-awaited son. Life is just so beautiful. So, so beautiful. Not in a perfect way, but in-the-midst-of-the-grit beautiful. If there is one thing I aspire to do differently is to be more relaxed and enjoy our days together, especially while our children are little, as these days are so fleeting and precious.

We also, of course, had fun this week as a family. My husband had some days off work and, as the area we live in is full of beautiful places, we made some lovely day trips. On one of them we stopped at a lovely restaurant which was basically a beautiful wooden cabin on the side of a mountain. It overlooked hundreds of rows of grape vines and a valley deep below, and the mountain breeze was so refreshing. The perfect place to stop in the middle of the road on a golden summer afternoon.

 Some pretty hair.
 Some nice, fresh, healthy eggs of different shapes and sizes.
 One magnificent sunset.
 Midday view from our living room window.
Part of the same landscape, in winter... it's hard to believe it snowed here only a few short months ago.

2 comments:

Leah Brand-Burks said...

Happy belated birthday, friend!

Winkel's Crazy Ideas said...

A belated happy birthday from Norway too. Birthdays always seem to be about ones self, how much better to lift up a prayer of gratitude. Blessings, Pam