Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Do the first thing

"Do the first thing, and let the first thing be to just love and care for the people in your life.
If cares or extra commitments or certain relationships are hindering you from doing so, cast them (the cares) aside, or set them (extra commitments or certain relationships) aside, until things are running smoothly and you feel able to reach out a bit further.
If you have to face a difficulty today (and you may and will at times) breathe deeply, send your simplest prayer of childlike trust-- with all its fears and/or concerns of inadequacies and possibilities--up to the Lord, and then go in, or out, to face --knowing that He is not surprised by or afraid of, anything."
- Eyes of Wonder

3 comments:

Marianne said...

Thank you for some quotes from "Eyes of Wonder". I miss her blog. I'm a regular reader of your blog and I admire you for sticking to your convictions! Well done.

Jessi Leioatts said...

Great quote! Eyes of Wonder was one of my favorite blogs too - I definitely miss it. Thanks for the nice thought!

Mimi said...

I have enjoyed your blog for several years !