Monday, March 7, 2016

The Private Life of Chickens





Once in a while I come upon a documentary that is as deliciously comforting as a cup of hot cocoa when you're feeling a little under the weather. The Private Life of Chickens was just that for me: a dose of comfort and relaxation to take late in the evening, when the chores are done and I'm tired and craving something cozy and domestic like only a British documentary can be.



This documentary takes us to the beautiful English countryside (something I would dearly love to re-create in Israel), to the farm of a sweet lady named Jane, who rescues ex-battery hens, cares for them, and passes them into the hands of small backyard flock owners. She is really one of a kind - I wish I had a neighbor like her.



So, if you're a chicken lover and would like to learn some fascinating facts about your favorite bird, kick back, relax and enjoy an hour of fun and relaxation with The Private Life of Chickens.



As for me, I'm moving on to watch The Private Life of Cows.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is on my list to watch next ! While we were in church yesterday we had a speaker come in and explained the Jewish festivals from the Old Testament (Leviticus) to us , it was SO interesting and we all wished she could have gone into more depth about it , we do not often get such good teaching on these things. It reminded me that you have posted in the past about cleaning out all traces of yeast bread from your home ! Wonder if you have any suggestion of a good book written in English that we could study to understand more .Don't go to any trouble to recommend something , I just wondered if you knew of one , just off hand..Karen from Michigan... It is just showing hints of spring here , my crocuses began to bloom yesterday, but snow predicted for Friday....

Mrs. Anna T said...

Dear Karen, sorry for taking so long to get back to you. No, unfortunately I can't think of any good book in English about the Jewish holidays, though I'm sure there must be something around. All my religious reading is done in Hebrew, you see.