Monday, April 11, 2016

A tiny dream home




At this frantic period, just about a week and a half before Pesach, I find myself fervently wishing for a beautiful tiny house, just like this one in the video - a place that would be neat, compact, efficient and fully utilized, with as few possessions as possible and all the peace and freedom I could possibly want.

Honestly, if you were to offer us this cabin tomorrow, I'd gladly move in. Wouldn't you? It just looks so beautiful and homey. And it's solar-powered!

In the meantime, I'm making a few steps in the right direction, such as pack away most of the children's toys and give up what isn't missed; thin out my closet and bookshelves, and try to put our storage shed in order.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just binge-watched all 5 episodes of Tiny House Hunters, on Netflix.
I loved seeing all the different "small house" designs, from yurts to tiny cabins.

I have often dreamed of the idea of living more simply, on a lot of acreage, in a small home. However, my husband and I have 6 kids, so I'm not sure how we'd manage in a small house.

That was a fun video to watch. Thanks for sharing!

--Jennifer

Lady Anne said...

We've considered going the Tiny House route, and I'm fairly tidy so it wouldn't be impossible. However - there's always a "however", isn't there? - there's not enough space to leave things undisturbed. Working on a jog-saw puzzle, sewing together a dress, doing genealogy work or sorting photos, would be simply impossible.

buildbyowner said...

I am thinking about building a custom home. It is nice to hear about other people's experiences building a home. I know there will be obstacles when building a home and am glad to know that you thought the outcome was 100% worth it. I really like the idea of have a home built to my specific tastes.
custom home houston